Sunday 30 December 2012

What I've Been Reading:
'High Voltage Tattoo' by Kat Von D

'High Voltage Tattoo' by Kat Von D

My parents bought me this book for Christmas and I read it in less than a day. It's pretty cool for those who, like me, have a little thing for the tattoed goddess, Kat Von D.

The first part of the book is an autobiography of sorts, chronicling how Kat got into tattooing and the experiences that made her who she is today.

The second part, which is probably my favourite part, is a directory of Kat's tattoos, explaining their origins and meanings.

In the rest of the book, Kat reminisces about the tattoos she loved doing, her most influential tattooists and offers up some advice about tattoos and some background info on the art.

It's a neat little book. I loved reading the stories behind both Kat's tattoos and the tattoos she's designed for other people. The only problem? Now I'm itching more than ever to get started on the sleeve tattoo I'm planning... 

No comments:

Post a Comment