Monday 31 December 2012

Books Are the Best Medicine


After feeling a little low lately, I went and did something that made me cheerful today. I had some money left over from Christmas presents and decided to splash it all on books. 

I've been waiting for like 2 years for 'The Twelve' to come out and I found it today for half price (£10 for a hardback - not bad!). Of course I couldn't resist. 

I've also been waiting a while to read 'The Marriage Plot'. I adore both of Jeffrey Eugenides other novels and I'm hoping I love this one just as much.

The other two, 'The Art of Fielding' and 'Stonemouth' or sort of impulse buys. I found them on the Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price offer and they both looked like my kind of read. 

One problem... I can't wait to get stuck into them all, which means I really want to zoom through the book I'm currently reading. Oh well, I'd better get my reading head on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment