Monday 26 August 2013

What I've Been Reading:
'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L Frank Baum

I've had an obsession with Oz since I was a child. I watched the film over and over, memorizing lines and wishing the world of Oz was a real place. I also read the original novel, devoured it, loved it more than the film if that was possible. Recently I acquired the complete set of Oz books and I'm planning to make my way slowly through them. 

'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' is, obviously, the first and most well-known novel in the fantasy series. And I was super excited to re-visit it after so long. I had actually forgotten just how much more happens in the book when compared to the Hollywood film version. 

I'm not really going to bother saying too much about this book because we all know the story. But I'd recommend anybody who only knows Oz via the film, read this. You'll be enthralled, I guarantee it. And I'm sure you'll love the story of how the tin man came to be made of tin as much as I do.

This is a quaint little book, a quick read that you can lose yourself in completely. Of course, I give it 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment